It is a really good idea for everyone’s health to cut out or cut down on sugar and refined carbohydrates. The health issues that over-consumption lead to is well documented in the media at the moment. I have been researching low GI recipes to try and cut out as much sugar as possible. This Salmon with Lentils recipe is really easy, healthy and tasty; it’s lovely hot but the leftovers are also great cold for lunch.
- Pre heat oven to 180C gas mark 4
- Heat oil in a roasting tin fry leek until they soften (don’t let them brown) Stir in garlic, thyme, lemon zest and lentils cook for another minute.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to the boil, season with salt and pepper. Cover tin with foil and place in the oven for about 30 mins.
- Remove from oven and check lentils are nearly cooked, if they are not quite tender enough pop back in the oven. Stir the mustard and lemon juice into the lentils.
- Place salmon fillets on top of the lentils and dot a few cherry tomatoes around them, put back in oven for 12 to 14 mins (less if you want the salmon pink in the middle). Sprinkle with parsley before serving.