Hope you are enjoying your week – Autumn is my favourite season and this weather is glorious for some fabulous outdoor and indoor fitness in Finchley. Here’s a lovely burger recipe and some news about my new fitness testing in Finchley programme.
A Glorious Burger recipe
I know you like easy recipes and ones you can involve the children with, and I promise this burger recipe is so easy you will never buy a ready made one again. There are no additives and you can adjust the flavours to taste:
- 500g beef or lamb mince containing at least 10% fat
- 1 small or 1/2 large onion finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- Roughly 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl mix with your hands. Don’t add seasoning this will dry out the meat
- Shape into 6 round patties
- Chill in fridge for a couple of hours
- Season outside now and cook for 15 mins under a preheated grill turning halfway.
- If you want to add spice gently fry the onion in a tsp olive oil and add spices and cook them out I use 1tsp ground cumin, coriander, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or chilli, chill the onion down then add to pork, turkey or chicken mince and combine with an egg yolk, then shape and cook as above.
Fitness testing in Finchley
I am putting aside the afternoon of Sunday 5th Oct for fitness testing in Finchley so let me know if you would like a slot. I will be doing this in pairs or threes but I can buddy you up. If you cannot make this time let me know and I will see what I can do. All the tests will be optional so do not feel under pressure you can say no to any element!
Boxing and Padwork, Bootcamp reminder
Don’t forget boxing tonight and every Wednesday, St Paul’s Church Hall, Long Lane Finchley N3 at 7pm and bootcamps in Victoria Park on Saturdays, 9.30 and 10.30am.